Monday, June 16, 2008

June 2008

Oh my....I am SO SORRY! In my last post, I was totally kidding when I said "see you in June." And look, here it is June!!! Where in the world does the time go??? Summer has started and that means baseball, t-ball, the pool, and golfing! Okay, so it hasn't been warm enough for me to swim, but Curren and Kyler have enjoyed it so far (you can tell by Curren's tan below).

Curren is in baseball and it's the first year of "kid-pitch." It means a lot of walks, but he's enjoying it. He played first base one game and did really well! He's improved a lot even since the start of the season.

Kyler is in his second year of t-ball. He is much more attentive this year! I haven't caught him playing in the infield sand yet! :) He is VERY ready for the work to begin on the house! He is definitely into machines and work. This past weekend he told me he can't wait to use his drill that we got him for Christmas. He definitely will be Daddy's helper!

Miss Macy is growing up too fast! She is so funny....runs and plays hard with the boys. However, she still is very girly. She loves to have her nails painted and wear dresses. Our big goal for the summer is potty training! She shows little interest so far but is definitely smart enough to figure it out. I listen to her talk in her perfect English and I CAN'T BELIEVE I still change her diapers!

Myles is ONE on Sunday! I can't believe my baby is already a year old! He has finally taken off crawling all over the place, but is not ready to walk yet. That is FINE with me! He is such a sweet baby. He is quite clingy to his mama right now.....I love it unless I'm trying to get things done! We are celebrating his birthday at the park on Sunday. Maybe I'll even post again after that. I don't know...twice in one month might be pushing it!
We are all anxious for the house to get started! They dug the hole a few weeks ago but we are still waiting on concrete walls so haven't done ANYTHING yet. We are more than ready to get out of the apartment! Hopefully the weather cooperates and building goes smoothly! Below are lots of pictures over the past few months.

Enjoy! Holly

Myles and Dad at one of Curren's early soccer games
One of the first trips to the park this past spring.
Curren and Grandpa Brody's Birthday (May 2nd)
Myles checking out the grass
Our new home (someday!) This is the day before they dug the hole.
We have a hole! That is A LOT of dirt/mud!

We have footings (and unfortunately, it's been that way for a couple weeks now!)


Myles - a couple weeks before his first birthday!Daddy's BEAUTIFUL Princess (that was Macy's response when I asker her what her shirt said)




Kyler - working out :)

The boys wrestling in our family room - luckily they quit before someone got hurt!

The whole fam - Father's Day 2008

I love this one....4 kids - 4 different personalities! :)

Grandma Barb and Grandpa Bill's house makes for AWESOME backgrounds!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yah! A Matthias update!! Fun to see all these pics...especially the house process getting started. You will have to keep some pics up on here as you build, so us out of towners can stay up to date with how it is looking and coming along. Your crew sure is a handsome one. Myles plaid outfit cracks me up!! Can't believe he's ONE! Wow! A lot has happened since he was born :) Thanks for posting...hope to see some more again soon :-) Jess