Sunday, November 6, 2011

why not

The kiddos wanted to carve pumpkins last weekend. I'll be honest....it's not my favorite thing to do. I am the one that usually ends up cleaning them out, and I don't really enjoy the mess.

This year, I told the kids that if they wanted to carve pumpkins, they had to do it themselves....I wasn't going to clean out the goo. They were good with that and were so excited. Even Jaz got to sit with them on the kitchen floor.



I'm not sure when the pumpkin carving turned into a food fight, but it did. Now normally, I'd stop them immediately (unfortunately it would probably be by scolding them). But they were having SO much fun. I really wish I would have had a video camera just to capture their giggles.





Pumpkin goo and seeds were EVERYWHERE. But their laughs were absolutely priceless. Kyle and I really enjoyed just listening to them. It was so cool to hear all four of them together. With Curren being 12 already, I know that time is already getting short for all of them to enjoy doing something like this together. The kids actually did a pretty decent job of cleaning up after themselves too. I'm thinking I might allow this to be a yearly tradition. Although, next year, we might move it to the back deck or patio....

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Hilarious. Love these pictures... what a fun memory! I especially like the heads in the bowl of goo! :)

Lo said...

I laughed out loud when I saw his face in that bowl. Love it.

Kris Hoskinson said...

this is awesome! good job just letting them make a mess.....what a great memory for them!