Saturday, September 3, 2011

kayaking adventure

One of the things I really wanted to do before I went back to work was to go kayaking. We've had kayaks for a couple years and I've only used them once. The first time was so relaxing and peaceful, I knew it was something I wanted to take advantage of one more time.

All along I thought this would be something I did with Kyle. He suggested that it would be fun to do with my sisters and he would watch the kids! He was awesome - got the kayaks cleaned up, bought us some snacks & drinks, and dropped us off and picked us up, and made us a steak dinner when we got home! In the middle of all that, he got to watch 11 kids (thanks for helping, Grandma Barb)! How great is my man!!!!

Before we got in the water...

The drop-off is near the "Unimproved" bridge (just west of Denver). This is one of my favorites places to take pictures, although we don't go there often.

Mom & Dad wanted to see us off too. (I wish we had more kayaks!)

Thanks, babe, for carrying my kayak!

And we're off!

It was peaceful and so much fun to hang out with Heidi and Lo (with no kids!). We definitely need to do this more often!! I think the cousins had a good time too. They love hanging out. This was while we were waiting to eat. Hilarious.

Thanks again for making it such a great day, babe!

No comments: