Monday, September 8, 2008

September Update

September 8th. Doesn't it feel like October out there? I don't know where summer went, but it sure disappeared in a hurry! I just wanted to post some pictures of the kids. Cute stories to share that really give a glimpse into each one's personality. No wonder I am exhausted every night when I go to bed! (warning - if you have a weak stomach, you'll want to pass quickly over Kyler's)

CURREN
When we started our house earlier this summer, Curren found a baby painted turtle by the side of the gravel road. So all summer long, the turtle has lived in a small aquarium on our kitchen counter. All summer long, Curren has searched for a "playmate" for his turtle, wandering around the pond. For a few weeks now, I have told them that if he didn't find one by the end of the summer, I would let him order one off the internet. He had done the research and found that they cost $25. I agreed to this but made a MAJOR mistake....I didn't realize the shipping would be SO expensive! Just a warning out there to check the shipping if you ever plan to order a live animal over the internet! I definitely learned my lesson. Anyway, we ordered the turtle last week and Curren was so sweet and excited to order it and wait for it's arrival. I have to admit, it is really cute to see the two turtles together (the new one is the smaller one below). They already seem to like each other. I'm just hoping we don't have a tank full of turtle eggs someday.....does any one know how to tell if turtles are male or female? I guess we'll find out sooner or later...
KYLER
Poor Kyler. I apologize if this picture makes your stomach quesy. It definitely made mine quesy earlier today! I was in the kitchen sorting through the food pantry when Kyler walked into the kitchen, blood all over the side of his face and head. He was at the house after school and him and the neighbor boy (also in kindergarten) were playing and the neighbor boy was swinging a golf club and accidently hit Kyler in the head. Trying to decide if I should take him to the ER or urgent care, or do anything at all was a major deal, but in the end, I drove to Heidi's house and to my mom's house and talked to my doctor's nurse on the phone and all is well. Anyway, the amazing part in all of this is how tough Kyler is. He was quite proud of himself that he did not cry. Heidi was washing the wound out in the sink and asked him if he cried and he said, "No. I didn't cry. I'm six!" Wow - he is so tough. He's had stiches on his face 4 times since he was two and he's never acted like he's in a lot of pain. I'm very thankful that everything turned out okay tonight- I didn't really want to take him to the ER again (can anyone say...DHS??) and we are thankful that he was not hurt more severly. It was just a few inches from his temple or from the front of his face. It makes me shiver at the thought of what could have been....


MYLES

Myles is becoming much more adventurous! Even though he STILL is not walking (14.5 months!!), he can get into everything! He can climb onto the couch, onto the dining room chairs, and into the BATHTUB! This was him tonight when he decided to join Kyler in the tub while I was checking my email. There's a reason why we have to keep the bathroom door closed at all times. At least this time it was the bathtub - usually when he escapes to the bathroom, he goes straight for the toilet. Ugh.....


MACY

This is Macy and her favorite cereal. She has PERFECT English most of the time, but some things are too cute to correct. Her favorite cereal is "Dirty Bubbles." To most people, they are know as Fruity Pebbles, but every time she says it, it brings a smile to our face. :) Last Friday we were at a picnic for work and she was explaining to one of my co-workers that she was drinking "Princess Juice." It was actually a can of Diet Pepsi but we won't tell her that....


My kids are the best! We are so blessed! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute stories -- and we all love your kids too!! Enjoy your time with them - it goes so fast!!! Jane E.

Shelly said...

Wow, your kids have grown up since I saw them last!! I asked my animal expert husband and although he doesn't know how to tell if they're male or female, he did say they don't often breed in captivity...so I think you're good either way! Excellent pictures, stories and blog as always by the way!!

Unknown said...

Great post! The turtles are so cute...Kyler's head makes me shiver...I have a pic of Jaxon just like Myles in that one :)...and Macy...well, she's just too precious! I was bragging to my hair lady this week about all my great nieces and nephews! I just love these guys!!!